Cellulosic ethanol technology – formicobio™
formicobio™ represents the most sustainable technology for the production of non-food cellulosic bioethanol.
formicobio™ technology enables production of transportation fuel from agricultural residues both profitably and sustainably. A biorefinery based on formicobio™ technology meets the three key aspects of sustainability – environmental, economic, and social – and can convert residues into a range of products. Our unique formicobio™ technology can process a variety of non-food biomass generated as agricultural by-products, including wheat straw, corn stalks, reeds, bagasse, and residue from palm oil production.
Figure: CO2 emissions of biofuels Source: Renewable Fuel Standard Program (RFS2) Regulatory Impact Analysis. United States Environmental Protection Agency
formicobio™ is an energy self-sufficient, effluent-free, low-carbon third-generation (3G) biorefining technology that offers excellent profitability through its ability to convert residual raw materials into valuable products.
- refines high purity Non-Food cellulosic fuel ethanol
- effluent-free low carbon technology
- no need for use of food
- no smell and waste of sulfur
- no fossil fuels need
- new chemistry makes selective fractionation possible
- overcomes the technical problems faced currently in industry
- consumes less chemicals and generates its own energy
- high conversion to ethanol with low enzyme use
- biochemicals as byproduct